Thursday, February 25, 2010

Wednesday's Topic

Today's Write4Ten is to write about a favorite song. I love music and have many favorite songs. There are hymns that I've loved since childhood. Everyone knows that It is Well With My Soul is to be sung at my funeral. There are marches, sonatas, show tunes, all of them some of my favorites. That being said, Jim and I do have a song which we consider our song.

I guess I was a Four Seasons fan from their very first recording. They just had that sound. And so it was, that during our courting days, they came out with what became our song. You're Just Too Good to Be True sort of embodied everything that I saw happening in my life at that tie.

I had known Jim since I was nine years old. He was my neighbor, my brother's best friend, the grocery clerk, the brother of my best friend's boyfriend. He was a lot of things to me, but I never, never envisioned that he would become my boyfriend, fiance and finally, husband. Falling in love with Jim as he was falling in love with me was, in the words of Frankie Valli et al, just Too Good To Be True.

2 comments:

  1. How cool that story is! To paraphrase the Paul Simon song, "Still (Happy) After All These Years"!!

    ReplyDelete