Friday, February 26, 2010

A House by the Ocean

Today's Write4Ten is to describe our ideal house. Mine is a fantasy, but what a fantasy. Dream along with me,

I love the water. I don't especially care to be in the water, rather near on it or near it. I love boating. An ideal day for me would be to pack a picnic lunch, get into (someone else's) boat and spend the day on the lake or the canal. It is so peaceful,

My favorite vacation is a beach vacation. When we go to the beach, I get up early in the morning, pack my beach bag, lather my body with sunscreen, grab my chair and umbrella and head for the water. I sit all morning, revelling in the peaceful slapping of the waves on the shore. I sometimes read. More often, I reflect on the beauty around me, pray and nap. There is no more peaceful place on earth for me.

So, it stands to reason that my ideal home would be one by the water. A cabin on a lake would do, but since this is a fantasy home, why not reach for the stars? It sits on a little bluff, overlooking the azure beauty of the ocean. It is glass all around. Everywhere I turn, I can see the sand, sky and ocean. It, of course, has a deck off my bedroom so that I can walk out the sliding glass doors anytime and hear the roar of the surf while watching the waves come in.

Except for the bedrooms, the floor plan is completely open. The kitchen bar looks into the great room which is the center of all activity. The furniture is comfy and invites leisurely conversation and enjoyment.

It is a home of great joy and comfort. A place where friends can gather and enjoy the beauty of life Oh yes, and it comes with a housekeeper.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE the housekeeper idea!!! Your house sounds good .... almost as good as mine! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, now why didn't I think of the housekeeper. Hee-hee!

    ReplyDelete